HILLVIEW CARE COVID-19 PREVENTION
HillView Care has introduced strict hygiene and social distancing measures to comply with health directives from the Queensland and Australian Governments. We are closely monitoring the latest health advice and are adjusting our services accordingly to keep our residents, volunteers, visitors and staff safe from COVID-19.
UPDATE: MONDAY 3RD MAY 2021
Dear HillView Care Residents, Families and Visitors,
Due to the ongoing detection of COVID-19 cases in Australia and currently Western Australia, QLD Health have compiled lists of Interstate Exposure Venues.
Anyone who has been to an Interstate Exposure Venue in the last 14 days are not permitted to enter a residential aged care facility.
In addition, anyone who is a close contact of someone with COVID-19 is not permitted to enter a residential aged care facility unless their quarantine period has ended.
Please refer to the QLD Health link below to keep updated:
Please refer to the QLD Health links below to keep updated:
If in Doubt, Stay Out!
Entry conditions remain as follows:
The entry conditions below apply, in addition to any QLD Government implemented restrictions.
Visiting hours are to be adhered to:
Monday to Friday 9:00am-3:00pm
Saturday and Sunday 9:30am-3:00pm
Please contact Admin should you require a visit outside the above times – such requests are considered on a case by case basis
- Visitors are to adhere to physical distancing (1.5m) at all times;
- Wash your hands with soap and water, or sanitiser on entry and exit;
- Visitors may be requested to provide evidence of a Negative COVID-19 test prior to entry;
- All persons entering our facilities are required to Sign In when arriving and Sign Out when departing – on every occasion.
- Strict pre-screening and hygiene procedures will apply before you can enter our facilities:
Visitors will not be permitted to enter our facilities if:
- You have been overseas (outside of Australia) in the past 14 days;
- You have been in a COVID-19 “Hotspot” in the past 14 days;
- You have been in contact with any person suspected of or diagnosed with COVID-19;
- You have a temperature equal to or higher than 37.5 degrees;
- You are unwell or displaying any cold/flu, respiratory or COVID-19 symptoms (fever, sore throat, cough, runny nose, shortness of breath, loss of taste, loss of smell, diarrhoea, nausea, vomiting or fatigue);
- You have been in contact with a person who has any cold/flu, respiratory or COVID-19 symptoms;
- You have been tested for COVID-19 but have not yet received the results of that test.
- As of 30 May 2021, all visitors to HillView Care are required by law to have a current vaccination against influenza. Evidence will need to be provided prior to entry.
Note: The vaccine will be considered unavailable to a person if they:
- have a medical contraindication, or
- are observing the recommended waiting periods between the COVID-19 vaccine and the flu vaccination.
Thank you for your understanding and co-operation, it is very much appreciated
HillView Care Management
Please join us on Facebook to keep up to date with our news: https://www.facebook.com/hillviewagedcare/
For the latest Australian Government advice, information, resources and translated resources please refer to the Commonwealth Department of Health. You can also visit the Queensland Health Coronavirus webpage and call the National Coronavirus Help Line on 1800 020 080 – it operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
We thank you for your understanding and your assistance in ensuring the safety of your loved one/s and our other residents and staff during this difficult and unpredictable time.