Spoilt for choice
There are always activities, outings and events taking place in our communities, most of which are chosen by the residents.
If residents don’t feel like adventuring out, there are plenty of spaces to entertain friends and loved ones who come to visit. At Merrimac, there is a picturesque roof deck, a café, an events centre, plus a sunroom on every level that enjoys uninterrupted views to Surfers Paradise. Both Ashmore and Merrimac also have gardens to stroll through, inviting lounges, private dining rooms, recreation rooms and a hair dressing salon.
Both communities are fully accessible to all residents, even those with mobility aids.
Here are some of our activities:
- Each week the HillView Care bus takes residents on outings. Destinations are decided by the residents and include shopping centres, lunch spots, and scenic spots along the coast.
Hobbies and activities
- Organised activities include cards, craft, computer training, men's groups, exercise classes, garden walks, bingo, movies, indoor bowls, mini golf, shuffle board, a café social group, and worship groups.
- There is always something special being planned in our communities. There is a concert every week, plus special events such as our ice cream extravaganza, happy hours, cocktail nights, BBQ lunches and our annual Christmas party.
- Each week a group of pre-prep children come to our Merrimac community to engage with our residents and be read to. Children from the primary school next door also visit for special projects and to use the events centre.
- The café at our Merrimac community is a social hub for our residents and their visiting families and friends. The setting is spectacular and the coffee and food is 5 star.
- There are pets that visit our residents on a regular basis. Family pets are also welcomed to visit.